Backpacking is where you pack supplies for several days and live outside while hiking and exploring the land. Backpacking can be done alone but is safer, depending on the area, with a group. The group members can share the load of carrying supplies and setting up camp.
1. Watch This “How To” Video:
National Outdoors Leadership School (NOLS) Field Staffing Director and senior NOLS Instructor Marco Johnson walks us through how he packs his backpack.
2. Learn How (Get a book!):
3. Get Materials Here (or somewhere!):
4. Join the Club (Get help – Give help):
Are you just getting started or are you an expert? Get involved with others who share your interest and/or passion in backpacking.
Become a Member:
Follow Our Pinterest Board:
- Go to this Backpacking Board, click “Follow Board” and then help us make this the best board on Pinterest!
- If you’d like to contribute, just leave me a message on one of the pins OR send me a Pinterest message OR or email me at [email protected] so you can add your favorites.
- Share what you know. What advice would you give a beginner?
- Ask what you need to know. What do you want to know from an expert?
Hobsess is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Read our full disclosure here.