Fly fishing requires a different kind of rod, reel, line and then a fly on the end as bait. You can stand on the bank or wade in the water to get a better position. Trout, bass or salmon are the most common fish caught in this manner.
1. Watch This “How To” Video:
Watch the beginner fly fishing video by Jeff of Jeff Putnam Fly Fishing Schools.
2. Learn How (Get a book!):
3. Get Materials Here (or somewhere!):
More Fly Fishing Supplies
4. Join the Club (Get help – Give help):
Are you just getting started or are you an expert? Get involved with others who share your interest and/or passion in fly fishing.
Become a Member:
Follow Our Pinterest Board:
- Go to this Fly Fishing Board, click “Follow Board” and then help us make this the best board on Pinterest!
- If you’d like to contribute, just leave me a message on one of the pins OR send me a Pinterest message OR or email me at email@example.com so you can add your favorites.
Follow Hobsess (Rev Crouse)’s board Fly Fishing (OUTDOORS) on Pinterest.
- Share what you know. What advice would you give a beginner?
- Ask what you need to know. What do you want to know from an expert?
Hobsess is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Read our full disclosure here.
Really good read on Fly Fishing, im getting ready for winter here and looking forward to getting back out fishing, thanks for taking the time to post this!
That is a nice video showing what you need to cast correctly. Are you a member of the International Federation of Fly Fishers?
Nice article with some great information! Thanks for the good read.
Nice short list. Fly fishing can be such a great sport. Check out this article for some more information as well: https://flyrods.com/blogs/news/cheapest-fly-fishing-flies.