Building model ships takes patience and a heightened attention to detail. Model ships can be made out of different materials from plastic to metal to wood. Your shop will depend on your preferred materials. Enjoy your nautical creation!
1. Watch This “How To” Video:
Learn ship modeling 101 from Peter Warburton of Warburton Model shipbuilders, Newport, Rhode Island.
2. Learn How (Get a book!):
3. Get Materials Here (or somewhere!):
4. Join the Club (Get help – Give help):
Are you just getting started or are you an expert? Get involved with others who share your interest and/or passion in making model ships.
Become a Member:
Follow Our Pinterest Board:
- Go to this Model Ships Board, click “Follow Board” and then help us make this the best board on Pinterest!
- If you’d like to contribute, just leave me a message on one of the pins OR send me a Pinterest message OR or email me at email@example.com so you can add your favorites.
- Share what you know. What advice would you give a beginner?
- Ask what you need to know. What do you want to know from an expert?
Hobsess is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Read our full disclosure here.