The art of painting is truly an expression of the creative spirit. Painting is a skill that can be learned. It is not something you were born knowing how to do. After learning various techniques, the next step is practice, practice and more practice.
I went to a painting class for an evening to slap some paint on a canvas to see if what would happen. And while I would not even call that incredibly fun night a painting lesson, it was definitely worth the cost. Read about my experience here.
1. Watch This “How To” Video:
To see if painting is for you, watch Heather LeBas give you 10 tips for painting with acrylics.
2. Learn How (Get a book!):
3. Get Materials:
4. Join the Club (Get help – Give help):
Are you just getting started or are you an expert? Get involved with others who share your interest and/or passion for painting.
Become a Member:
Follow Our Pinterest Board:
- Go to this Painting Board and click Follow.
- If you’d like to contribute, just leave me a message on one of the pins OR send me a Pinterest message OR or email me at email@example.com so you can add your favorites.
- Share what you know. What advice would you give a beginner?
- Ask what you need to know. What do you want to know from an expert?
Hobsess is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Read our full disclosure here.