Calligraphy is written art. This practice has been around for centuries and for all practical purposes has been replaced by font on a computer. However, if you can learn to master this skill, there are still many constructive (and profitable) ways it can be used.
1. Watch This “How To” Video:
Learn the basics from the Overnight Artist. Get a pencil and paper and practice to see if this style of writing is for you.
2. Learn How (Get a book!):
3. Get Materials Here (or somewhere!):
Try a kit first to get started…
or venture out on your own.
4. Join the Club (Get help – Give help):
Are you just getting started or are you an expert? Get involved with others who share your interest and/or passion in calligraphy.
Become a Member:
This is based in the UK. For a list of organizations in the USA, see John Neal’s List (click here).
Follow Our Pinterest Board:
- Go to this Calligraphy Board, click “Follow Board” and then help us make this the best board on Pinterest!
- If you’d like to contribute, just leave me a message on one of the pins OR or email me at email@example.com so you can add your favorites.
- Share what you know. What advice would you give a beginner?
- Ask what you need to know. What do you want to know from an expert?
Hobsess is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Read our full disclosure here.