Basket weaving or basketry is the process of using natural materials to create a basket or other useful containers. There are as many types of materials as there are shapes and sizes of baskets. Baskets make fantastic gifts or can be sold for profit.
As you start exploring, you will find affiliate links on this page. Thanks for the support!
1. Watch This “How To” Video:
Here is Basket Weaving 101 taught by Darlene, an art teacher. See if this hobby is for you.
2. Learn How (Get a book!):
3. Get Materials:
Start out with a kit to see if you like making baskets.
When you are ready for your own materials to make more baskets.
4. Join the Club (Get help – Give help):
Are you just getting started or are you an expert? Get involved with others who share your interest and/or passion in basketry.
Become a Member:
Follow Our Pinterest Board:
- Go to this Basket Weaving Board and click Follow.
- If you’d like to contribute, just leave me a message on one of the pins OR send me a Pinterest message OR or email me at email@example.com so you can add your favorites.
Follow Hobsess (Rev Crouse)’s board Basket Weaving (A&C) on Pinterest.
- Share what you know. What advice would you give a beginner?
- Ask what you need to know. What do you want to know from an expert?
Hobsess is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Read our full disclosure here.